Monday, October 19, 2009

Journal Entry #1

October 6th 1783: My name is Mary Mcdonald iam a 13 year old girl. I live in Alany, New York with my younger brother and younger sister. Ever since the war ended people havent looked at me and my family the same way. Father sayes its because he and my older brother faught with the loyalists and not with the patriots. Men came to our house today. They stormed in and started taking whatever they wanted. Mother tryed to stop them but was shoved rudliy out of the way. Grannie was there too and was yelling and cursing them with her old scotish acsent. After they were done in the house they went out side and got father and tyed his hands behinde his back and then sat him on a horse and peraded him thourgh town yelling tory, tory. I thought it couldnt get anymore sad but then i saw the men throughing torches into the crops, all i could do was cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment