Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Journal Enty #4

Winter is starting to come again this year, grannie and I smell snow in the air, I hope its not going to snow so soon in the season we still have so much to do. Our house is still small, but cozzy. Father and the boys are busy all the time clearing the land to make room for the spring when we can plant and harvest our crops. Right now its sunday and we cant do anything or else will have to deal with grannie and none of us want to deal with her on Sunday. Duncan and Angus have dissapeared so i think that they have gone off to clean up there cabin. I can see in Fathers face that he is worried about not working today when there is so much to do still before the winter startes. Mother is siting in the corner in a chair quilting and grannie is spinging the wheel making father and the boys new shirts for the winter. Father has skined a deer and is waiting for the skin to dry out so that he can make me a skirt like the indians have, I cant wait because those skirts look so nice. The indians came over today and traded with us. Father is learning their language but he still cant talk to them for long. We dont know their names, Father says we will give them English names to make it easyer for us to remember, I dont think it is right because they already have they their own names. The new baby is almost here I cant wait I think it is a girl but father thinks it will be a boy.

The baby was born today its a girl I was right. Mother named her Ann.
This is my last page in my journal so it will be my last entry, its my birthday next week so I will be asking father for a new one.
So till then.
Mary Macdonald

No comments:

Post a Comment